Sunday, January 4, 2009

the exploder




I have not heard much about these guys in a long long time. I remember drawing the skull on all of my books for years. I was obsessed with them. They are from Richmond Va. When they were looking for a drummer in 1999 my good friend Zach Nelson ( i will post a link for him and his music in the near future) tried out to be their drummer. Having settled with another drummer they went out and toured and then came back and called it quits. These albums have gotten me through a lot of hard times. They are well worth the listen. As, for their sound I would call them real melodic hardcore, or maybe even emotive hardcore. Call it what you will, it is very good sound and that is hard to find nowadays in a band. As for their shows they put on a magnificent show. I remember seeing them at a house show in Richmond as well as at a venue that was called Twisters. They were a very energetic band that keep you going. There was never a dull moment, then again most house shows are like that. Ok well check them out...

download

No comments: