Thursday, November 27, 2008

(Don't Forget To) breathe

First off Happy Thanksgiving! to those of you that live in the United Snakes. This compilation is one that I enjoy thoroughly. It is composed of music that i like from a time in my life that i did not know so much about music. It was a time when i was still learning all the realms of genres and what makes up these genre's sounds. This post is also in response to some talk that i have had with some people about today's state of music. Yes, that statement was vague, and yes, i feel that you should dive into some of these bands that are on this comp. to find out their true roots as well as the definitions of the music that they make. One could say that i am a snob, and that i take the fun out of music but that is not true, i love music and this is my way of keeping it straight in my own head. Do your research! Don't hate something that you don't understand, research and support your claims and support your local scene!
Most of these bands are second generation emotive bands, also on this comp. you will find a harder side to the genre. Check it out...

download

4 comments:

The_Lady_Was_A_Jett said...

Hi, I've noticed you seem to be a HWM fan and seemingly a fan of most (if not all) of their side projects/other bands. And I was wondering if you had the album "Durty Bunny" by The Cro(w)s I've got a few of their songs, but thats it. I was wondering if you have it, could you upload it for me, I would be SUPER appreciative... I cannot find it anywhere.

.Music For The Working Man. said...

sorry it has taken so long to get back to your comment. i have been real busy lately. I am working on getting the album up for you. Have you followed any of Chris Wollard's other bands? I highly recommend his new album, Chris Wollard and his ship theieves. I will probably put that here soon, as well as some other stuff i feel is lacking from the world. Thanks for the support.

The_Lady_Was_A_Jett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The_Lady_Was_A_Jett said...

I have been following, but i fell out of the loop shortly after his split with Mike Hale.

So, he released a new album? I'm really excited to hear it now!