Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rumbleseat

I am furious! Maybe i am a music snob. But to be honest i think that i maybe have a special knack for remembering things when it comes to music. I remember when i was a kid i knew things that most people would not even know about music. I remember listening to the radio and telling myself that i want to know information like the dj on the radio did. This was the first time that i remember making a distinction from myself from other music listeners.
This is where music blogs and comments on music web sites come into play. I am sick and tired of reading through blogs and comments from ignorant people. If there is something that i hate it would dumb people. And i think that world it full of them. If you threw a rock i imagine you could kill a lot of them. While searching through the review of rumbleseat on Punknews.org. I have decided that i would address some of comments that where said.

1. (i want you to note that this is the very first comment on the list. it says Aren't these guys just a rip off of Hot Water Music? In order to be a rip off they would have to someone different than Hot Water Music. Plus if this person actually read the review they would see who they are in the beginning of the review. Chuck Ragan, Chris Wollard and Samantha Jones make up Rumbleseat. If you notice from looking at any other blog or website about hot water music that Chuck Ragan and Chris Wollard play guitar and vocals for Hot water music. Thus this band must be a side project band for hot water music.

This picture is of some train trestles in Richmond, Va

Alright enough with my rant...So rumbleseat as the punknews site did say had to wait for their release for a couple of years. I have 3 of the 4, 7"s that they released. I get very nostalgic when i listen to them. I grew up and around richmond, va and i know that they, chris and chuck are good friends with tim barry from avail. I also know that tim rides the rails and that they talk about riding the rails. It reminds me of good times and sitting around a campfire. Alright well i will give you the tracks now. I have also included in this folder some of chuck ragan's stuff that he has recorded. He plays califonia burritos on a couple of his albums. I have seen him live 3 times and he has played other rumbleseat songs in his sets. I have a really crappy recording that i am not going to include in to the folder of restless. I would recommend his music for those that really like rumbleseat.



Punknews website that i was referring to

http://www.punknews.org/review/4736


Download

1 comment:

gabbagabbahey said...

uh, I'm pretty sure that comment was meant to be sarcastic. Possibly your rant is meant to be sarcastic too, but not very obviously so.